Here are some common questions we get asked about our Library Client.
- How do I get my application key?
- Where can I find my logs?
- How do I stop a title from showing up multiple times?
- Can I rename my files or folders?
- Can I move my files?
- I am missing titles in the Library Client.
- How can I stop a title from showing up in the Library Client?
- Library Client still recognizes a file that no longer exists.
- How do I clear my library data?
- How do I find the file that gave an error?
How do I get my application key?
There are two ways you can get your Application key:
Retrieving your Application key from the website:
- Go to the website
- Login and go to My Account by clicking on the Account button on the top right.
- In the My Library section near the top, click on the link for My Account Settings:
- Click on the button labelled New Key + if you do not already have a key
- The page should refresh and your key should now be there with a delete and copy button next to it.
- Click the Copy Key button
- Go back to the Library Client and paste the key into the Enter key box
- Then click Log In
Using your account information:
Please note at this time the Library Client is unable to support using the Facebook login. If you do not know your password, please use the website to get your key for the app.
- On the login screen click Get my Application key.
- This will take you to a screen to enter the email and password you use for our site to log in.
- Enter your information and then click Get Key
- This will take you back to the previous screen, but the application key will be filled in now.
Where can I find my logs?
Android and iOS/ipadOS versions do not have logs.
- Open a file explorer
- Enter in the url bar: %APPDATA%\OneBookShelf\DriveThruComics
- Then hit enter.
- If that does not work the full location is: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\OneBookShelf\DriveThruComics
- Click on Go
- Then Go to Folder and put in ~/Library/Application Support/OneBookShelf/DriveThruComics
The log will be a text file with a name like: app-log-yyyy-mm-dd.txt
How do I stop a title from showing up multiple times?
You will need to clear out your Library data.
Can I rename my files or folders?
You can rename your files to anything you would like so long as you can access the file to do so. Once you have renamed the file you will need to open the Library Client and then click Sync library data (Check for Updates (v. 22.214.171.124); Refresh Library (v. 2.0)) to update the library information.
On Windows and macOS you can also rename your folders as well. Just remember once you are done to open the Library Client and click Sync library data (Check for Updates (v. 126.96.36.199); Refresh Library (v. 2.0)) .
Can I move my files?
Yes you can, however this currently only doable on Windows and macOS.
If you move your files to anywhere that is under the folder set in Download Directory in settings:
- Once you have finished moving your files just open the Library Client and then click on Sync library data (Check for Updates (v. 188.8.131.52); Refresh Library (v. 2.0)) to update the library information.
If you move your files to a new directory:
- Open the Library Client
- Go to Settings and change the Download Directory to the new directory
- Click Save Changes
- The Library Client should begin scanning the new directory and updating the library information.
I am missing titles in the Library Client.
Check your My Archives
- My Archives is located at the bottom of your My Library page.
- Click on the + to expand My Archives.
- If you see the missing title in your My Archives click on the arrow pointing up to unarchive the title.
- Then open the Library Client and click Check for Updates (Refresh Library for Version 2.0)
- The title should now appear in the Library Client
Check and see if the title still has a download link
- Look in your My Library for the title
- If the title does not have a download link then please contact us for further assistance.
Check and see if the title is still in your My Library
- If you can not find the title in your My Library or My Archives then please contact us for further assistance.
How can I stop a title from showing up in the Library Client?
The Library Client is designed to where it will not load titles placed in your My Archives.
To archive a title please do the following:
- Go to your My Library page and find the title that you want to move to your archive
- Then click on the file icon to the left of the trash can icon:
Library Client still recognizing a file that is not there anymore.
If it is a single file:
- Attempt to open the file from the Library Client
- You should get an error, and the error alert appear at the bottom of the Library Client
- Go to the title information page if you are not already there.
- You can get there by clicking on the title bar (list view) or on the cover image (tile view)
- The file that gave the error should have a retry button (white circle with a blue curved arrow in it)
- Click the retry button to download the file
If several files have been removed:
How do I clear my library data?
Please find the instructions for your operating system and which version of the Library Client you are using.
Sign out of the Library Client and then back in
Works on all operating systems for Version 3.0.x
- Go to Settings and click Sign out.
- Log back in
- Wait for the Library Client to finish retrieving your library information and scanning the download directory - this may take a few minutes for large libraries
Windows and macOS only: If you have moved files to other folders/directories that are not in your current designated folder, you will need to change the Download Directory in Settings to that location and click Check for updates for those files to be recognized again.
Manually deleting the data file
This will also work for the Version 2.0 Library Client
Windows and macOS
- Navigate to the folder containing your library data
- Windows: Open a file explorer, then in the url bar put: %APPDATA%\OneBookShelf\DriveThruComics
- MacOS: Click on Go, then Go to Folder and put in ~/Library/Application Support/OneBookShelf/DriveThruComics
- Find the library.dat file and then delete it
- Launch the Library Client
- The Library section will now be blank. Click on Sync library data (Check for Updates (v. 184.108.40.206); Refresh Library (v. 2.0)) to reload your Library data without downloading any files.
If you have moved files to other folders/directories that are not in your current designated folder, you will need to set the Download Directory (Output Path in Version 2.0) in Settings to that location and click Check for updates (Refresh Library in Version 2.0) to get an open button for those files again.
iOS: Sign out and back into the Library Client app.
- Log out of the Library Client
- Open Settings
- Use the search find obsapp and click on it.
- On the app info page click on storage then click clear data and clear cache (this will not remove your downloads)
- Launch the Library Client and log in
How do I find the file that gave an error?
There are a couple of ways to find which file ran into some trouble during the download and what the error was, and to retry downloading it.
Error Status Bar
When a file encounters an issue and fails to download, at the bottom of the app a red status bar with the message "Some of your files failed to download. Click here to view error" will appear.
Clicking on the bar will cause a pop up to appear. This will list all the titles that had a file that encountered an error.
This will list a basic error message and the title name.
If you would like to retry downloading the file, then you can click on the title to go to the title information page. Once there look for the file with a darker gray bar and a retry button (white circle with a blue curved arrow in it.). Then click the retry button to attempt to download the file.
If you already know which title had the file with an error, you can filter your library down to that title. Once you find it you should see the error icon where the download icon used to be. If you click on the error icon, right above it will appear the type of error the file ran into.
If you would like to retry downloading the file, then you can click anywhere on the title bar or cover image to go to the title information page. Once there look for the file with a darker gray bar and a retry button (white circle with a blue curved arrow in it.). Then click the retry button to attempt to download the file.
Using the logs
MacOS and Windows user can also use the Library Client's log to search for errors as well. Just find your log. Open it in your preferred text file reader. Then search for Error or the file if you know which one had trouble.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us using the red Contact Us button at the bottom left side of each site page: